VersaFlex Waterborne Urethane FR is a color stable, waterborne urethane used for coating or sealing applications requiring a flame resistant coating. The product is Class 1 Flame resistant approved that may be applied directly to most substrates and may be used as a topcoat for existing coatings.Waterborne Urethane FR displays excellent UV weathering characteristics with abrasion and chemical resistant features. The product is to be applied in a thin film (less than 5 mils). Apply in multiple applications when thicker applications are needed.
Waterborne Urethane FR may be used to overcoat other coating systems to either enhance gloss or to provide additional UV stability. It may be used as a thin mil stand-alone coating for concrete, metal, wood and other properly prepared substrates. It is a superior flame resistant material that resists ignition and will self-extinguish if ignited.
- The lower the temperature of the material and the lower the substrate temperature at the time of application; the higher the gloss value achieved.
- The thinner the application mil thickness, the higher the gloss value.
- Adding pigment will lower the gloss value.
- The slower the cure rate, a higher gloss level will be achieved.
- Spray applications will achieve higher gloss values than brush applications.
The variety of application influences does not allow a consistent gloss development value to be stated with assurance. 60° gloss values will range from a low of 78 to a high of 160 when applied to mylar.